Monday, January 30, 2012

I am alive

It was touch and go there for a couple days, but I am feeling much better. Thank you all for your emails and concern.  For those following at home who don't know where I've been for a week, the illness I've had since October finally caught up to me and it was not pretty. It seems that despite all the booze over christmas, the gym and the multiple z-packs made any difference to the infection. I was very close to having pneumonia and I can honestly say that I don't think I've ever been as sick as I was last week in my life.

*6 days out of work
*5 trips to CVS
*4 boxes of tissues
*3 days of no sleep
*2 doctors visits

All I can say is thank you to the Australian Open for keeping me entertained at 4am. I really didn't care who I was watching, but Rafa was on Monday night at the height of my insomnia and seemed to soothe the restlessness. The shots of Carlos also helped.  The final match was brutal - both the time and the outcome.

I happened to catch the SAG awards last night before Downton Abbey and the Good Wife. Did you watch? The red carpet was okay, nothing earth shattering except for Rose Byrne's amazing Elie Saab pantsuit. Between her outfit and her hair, she was perfection. Other observations:

*I'm still over Michelle Williams and her pixie hair.
*I'm over George Clooney and Stacy Kiebler. I hate her name. Reminds me of Kiebler elves and makes me crave cookies.
*Angie looked better than at the Globes, but that black halter dress she has worn before. However, it looks good on her and her hair and jewelry were pretty.
*Brad continues to look like a wax doll.
*How do you pronounce "Tattinger", the champagne? I've always heard it said "tat-en-ger". But last night they pronounced it "tat-en-jay". Whatever - just pass the bottle of Veuve.
*Emily Blunt looked great in that green Oscar de la Renta dress. I am dying over the grass green he has been using this season.
*If Julianna Margulies wore a colored dress, she would cease to exist. Someone please tell her stylist to incorporate some color to the poor childs wardrobe.
*I really want to like Julie Bowen because I love her on Modern Family, but I just can't. She's not funny. At all. And actually I take it back, I don't love her on Modern Family.
*Speaking of Modern Family, the creator - Steven Levitan - is adorable. They need to add him to the show.
*Melissa McCarthy - great dress. She needs to stick with that kind of draping.
*Did anyone catch the "in memoriam" portion of the program? Always the best part (to me), I was devastated to learn that the grandma from the Cosby Show died this year. I actually teared up as she was always my favorite person on the show.

I also made one bullet about The Good Wife last night:
*Josh Charles is a phenomenal dancer.

That's about it ladies and gentleman. I'm sick of television, you all are sick of hearing about Rafa, and I missed the Parisian fashion shows last week so I've got nothing left. I'll try to catch you up later in the week on the pretty from Paris. Just to wet your pallet - the Chanel show was held in an airport hanger. Rumor has it they had flight attendants serving drinks complete with costume.

XO,
B

No comments: