Wednesday, December 7, 2011

tis the season...#13

13. Elf

Look - before you get all huffy and puffy over the fact that this movie is #13, let me remind you that I said this list was going to be MY top 25 christmas movies... not what you think the top 25 christmas movies should be, though I caved on Emmitt Otter.  Remember this as we head into the top 10 because for some of them, you won't even know what I'm talking about.  But that's whats so great about the holidays...traditions, you like your stuff, I like my stuff and sitting in a corner drinking, weeping silently. Ah...the holidays.

So...where to beging on this movie?  I want to thank the USA Network for running the shit out of this movie and basically ruining it. Because everyone knows that I have no will power when a movie I love runs back-to-back (take the Gone with the Wind marathon that I watched for 20 hours straight).

Things I love about this movie:  the quotes. Not a day goes by when I don't say something out of this movie.
* "not now artic puffin!"
* "It's just like Santa's workshop! Except it smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they wanna hurt me"
* "You stink. You smell like beef and cheese. You sit on a throne of lies."
* "Francisco! That's fun to say! Francisco... Frannncisco... Franciscooo..."
* "SANTA. I know him!"
* " I'm a cotton-headed ninny-muggins"
* "Sonofanutcracker"


I really could go on and on and on, but I'll spare you.

XO,
B

No comments: