Wednesday, December 14, 2011

tis the season...#8

8. Home Alone

So many good things came out of this movie. The introduction to Macaulay Culkin, the quotes, Buzz, the soundtrack, the comedic stylings of Mr. Joe Pesci, and alas, the title of this blog.

Oversleeping and poor head counting leaves sweet lil Kevin McCallister home alone as his family heads out for their holiday in Paris. Realizing their mistake in mid-air, the family desperately tries to get back to Chicago while poor Kevicakes tries to fend off two goofy robbers. I love this movie - what's not to love - and can watch it anytime of the year - which my family will attest to - and can watch it over and over without ever being sick of it. Maybe it's because my brother had the same sheets as Kevin. Maybe its because I know what holiday chaos really is. Maybe its because I oversleep on everything. I just know that I love this movie.

Best quotes from the movie: * "This house is so full of people it makes me sick. When I grow up and get married, I'm living alone. Did you hear me? I'm living alone. I'm living alone."  * "I wouldn't let you sleep in my room if you were growing on my ass."  * "A lovely cheese pizza, just for me." * "No, for three reasons: A, I'm not that lucky. Two, we use smoke detectors and D, we live on the most boring street in the whole United States of America, where nothing even remotely dangerous will ever happen. Period." * "Kevin, you're what the French call les incompetents. " * "Look what you did you little jerk."

And my favorite: " Buzz, your girlfriend. WOOF."
XO,
B


No comments: