Thursday, April 26, 2012

joyeux anniversaire à moi

Just shy of my one year blog birthday, I cannot believe how fast a year has gone. I feel "you're what the french call les incompetents" has become better than when I started, but is still a work in process. However, thank you for your continued reading of the random shit that pops into my head. I love you all. XO

In honor of the anniversary and because I haven't done bullets in awhile, here we go....

*Did anyone watch the Frontline special on PBS Tuesday night about "the street" and the financial crisis? It was fantastic and definitely worth the watch. Yes, it is 2 hours long, but in the end you will be smarter. If you ever want to know anything about a 'credit default swap', I'm your girl.

*After watching the special, I decided that I will never do any banking with UBS Americas. The CEO is like a giddy school girl when it comes to Obama, continually divulging insider info to him while the street was declining and then admitting it on tv.

*Barney Frank was interviewed in the Frontline special. I can't get over how much he sounds like a muppet. I also can't get over how he has a partner and is getting married this summer. If Barney can find love, surely I could find someone, right?

*I am sad to announce that for yet another year, I did not get invited to the White House Correspondence Dinner which is to be held this Saturday at the Hinkley Hilton. It's fine, because I already have plans, but just once I would like to be asked. This year's attendees include Josh Hutcherson (SWOOON), Diane Keaton (snooze), Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sen. Olympia Snowe (why?), Lindsay Lohan (christ almighty), George Clooney (shocker), Zooey Deschanel, Charlize Theron, Sofia Vergara, Viola Davis, Dakota Fanning, Aziz Ansari, Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer (why?)....and fucking Kim Kardashian. I guess the question on every one's mind is will Kanye attend as well? I am so over them already, I hate to think what is yet to happen.

*It's Take Your Children to Work Day which is evident by the 10 petrie dishes walking around. The only good thing from their visit? Capri Sun. I am happily jamming out to my music, sipping some fruit punch, writing my heart out, and staying far away from their sticky little hands and whiney mouths. Someone let me know when they leave, umk?

*Speaking of snotty kids, take a look at this NYT article about the rise of fashion designers with children's lines. Sure...right Lanvin...as soon as I have $1200 and a child, I'll be sure to call you up and purchase the tulle dress.

*I need a vacation. Like STAT. Any ideas?

XOXO,
Bunny






No comments: