Wednesday, October 12, 2011

giambattista valli for macy's

There is a great line in the movie "Bad Santa". After the kid finds a halloween candy corn in his advent calendar, Billy Bob Thornton tells him, "they can't all be winners".  The same can be said for Giambattista Valli's collection for Macy's.

Unlike the Karl Lagerfeld collection who had 45 pieces, this collection has 17. And they are all dresses. Don't get me wrong - it's cute. But Karl's stuff seemed to scream KARL. This collection seems to scream upscale-bridge-and-tunnel-trash.  But maybe it's just me....


I was actually looking forward to see his work after seeing his latest collection on the runway.  I know they need to be "budget friendly", but I expected something...cuter.

XOXO,
Bunny

1 comment:

maria said...

yup, not running to Macy's anytime soon.