Monday, February 20, 2012

laissez les bons temps rouler

Born and raised a Catholic, over the years I may have lapsed into...well...a non-church-going heathen (I think that's the official title my mother uses). Christmas is about the only holiday I celebrate because of the vacation days alone. But this year, I've decided to make lent  my NEW new year's resolution....and let's hope my track record is better at keeping them.

For the next 40 days I will be giving up the following:

1. red meat - no reason in particular, just for fun
2. cursing - this will be hard
3. booze/ "the dump" - this will be even harder
4. the baby boy - this will be the worst
5. sugar
6. saying mean things - I'm not quite sure how this will work out
7. soda - aka my sunkist addiction
8. being envious of things I do not have

You can place your bets now on how long this self imposed exile-of-sorts will work out. I gave up soda last year in October and lasted a year without it and was fine. This still lingering illness has made me crave oranges and orangey-goodness but I think I can kick it. For #4 however, this is it. By Easter he will be gone. God would want it that way.

XO,
Bunny

No comments: