Wednesday, February 29, 2012

RIP: Davy Jones

The first concert my father ever took me to was The Monkees. I was small and it was the late, late 80s. Don't even try to guess my age - a lady, like a whore, never reveals her true number.

All I remember about the concert was how badass I thought I was. I told everyone I met I was going to see the Monkees, which really wasn't that big of a deal. AT ALL. They had this tv show that ran in reruns when I would go visit my grandma and I was sure that because I was at the concert, ultimately, I would be a tv star too. Man, I was deluded as a child.

Thanks to The Brady Bunch Movie for this clip...still makes me laugh.




XO,
Daydream Believer

1 comment:

Ann Lienemann said...

The Monkees was going to be my first concert but my mom wouldn't let me go. BITTER