Friday, February 24, 2012

"oscar" was the name of the baby on ghostbusters 2

OSCAR weekend! Should we place bets on who will win 'best actor' and 'best movie'? If George Clooney wins for "The Decedents", I will throw something at the television. Talk about a sad, dreary, boring movie. I truly only think he won the SAG award for the 2 minute run he completed in the movie. I still don't understand the whole land titled issue or the crazy Hawaiians. I thought the movie was boresville and again, if it wins, I will throw something at the tv.

Other movies up for best picture: Tree of Life, The Artist (I haven't seen it but I can tell I love it), The Help (excellent casting), Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Hugo, Midnight in Paris (the opening 5 minutes are perfection), Moneyball (I thought this movie was stupid), War Horse.

Best male actor: Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Jean Dujardin, Gary Oldman, Demain Bichir. I'm picking Jean Dujardin because he looks like Clark Gable and everyone knows Gone with the Wind is my favorite movie. Gary Oldman was okay in Tinker Tailor, but the movie stunk like rotten eggs. I saw it with 3 girlfriends and we all walked out of the movie asking what had just happened with the last 2 hours of our lives. It was miserable.  Brad Pitt in Moneyball...I don't understand why they made this movie or why people think he was so spectacular. Same with George.

Best female actor: Glenn Close, Viola Davis, Rooney Mara, Meryl Streep, Michelle Williams. MOTHER FUCKING MERYL. Glenn Close in her cross dressing role is freaky. Viola Davis was superb, but is up against Meryl. Rooney's weird bangs, her flawless skin, and the fact that she can't keep her mouth shut are her downfall. Oh also, the Swedish version of the movie was MUCH better. And I think everyone knows how I feel about Michelle Williams - so I'm handing the big WIN to Meryl.

To keep in theme with this post, I would also have you know that over the weekend I saw "this means war". One word to describe the movie, "THEWORSTMOVIEIHAVEEVERSEENINMYENTIRELIFE". Pass on this. Even the hotness of Tom Hardy doesn't save it. I also saw "the vow" two weekends ago. Channing Tatum is insanely hot so he helps this movie along. It's not awful per se.... Speaking of awful, Jennifer Aniston's new movie looks like the pits. What is wrong with her and her movie choices? She hasn't been in a good one since Picture Perfect. True story.

XOXO,
Bunny

No comments: