Thursday, July 14, 2011

Happy Bastille Day bitches!

Joyeux Anniversaire France!

 I think we, too, should celebrate France's birthday with a big bottle of wine, a baguette, and a beret. All while listening to this:

I like the Louis version...sue me.

In other news --
Emmy nominations were announced this morning...and guess who is on the list...wait for it...wait....Josh motherfucking Charles. I obviously think that he got the shot out because of this blog and maybe a little bit of his acting.  Let's go through the list shall we and pick the winners?

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series
Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory
Johnny Galecki, The Big Bang Theory
Matt LeBlanc, Episodes
Louis C.K., Louie
Steve Carell, The Office
Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock

This is a hard one because obviously its Alec, but with Steve Carell's last season in the Office maybe he deserves it.  I personally love Louis CK and would die to see him win because his acceptance speech would be amazing.

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series
Steve Buscemi, Boardwalk Empire
Michael C. Hall, Dexter
Kyle Chandler, Friday Night Lights
Hugh Laurie, House
Timothy Olyphant, Justified
Jon Hamm, Mad Men

Jon Hamm. I say this without a doubt because of a couple things...1. Boardwalk Empire stunk like New Jersey garbage.  The first 4 episodes were interesting, then just fell flat. 2. I don't feel that Dexter did anything special this season to win an award.  and 3. why is House still on this list?  That show needs to be canceled.  Its the same story every week.

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries of Movie
Edgar Ramirez, Carlos
Greg Kinnear, The Kennedys
Barry Pepper, The Kennedys
Idris Elba, Luther
Laurence Fishburne, Thurgood
William Hurt, Too Big to Fail
Well you all know what a big nerd I am and how much I loved Too Big to Fail, so I'm going with Billy Hurt.


Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series
Laura Linney, The Big C
Melissa McCarthy, Mike & Molly
Edie Falco, Nurse Jackie
Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation
Martha Plimpton, Raising Hope
Tina Fey, Liz Lemon
I'm going out on a limb here and say Melissa McCarthy.  I've actually never watched Mike and Molly, but I thought she was hysterical on Bridesmaids.

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series
Connie Britton, Friday Night Lights
Julianna Margulies, The Good Wife
Kathy Bates, Harry's Law
Mireille Enos, The Killing
Mariska Hargitay, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
Elisabeth Moss, Mad Men

If fucking Mireille Enos wins, I swear to the lord baby jesus, I will go carnival freak show on someone.  I swear I will scratch someone's eyes out. I'm calling Julie Margulies on this one. After I found out Elisabeth Moss was a scientologist, I just can't seem to like her.

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie
Diane Lane, Cinema Verite
Elizabeth McGovern, Downton Abbey
Kate Winslet, Mildred Pierce
Taraji P. Henson, Taken From Me: The Tiffany Rubin Story
Jean Marsh, Upstairs Downstairs

I love Diane and I thought Cinema Verite was interesting, but I loved Downton Abbey and Upstairs Downstairs.  Mildred Pierce was a piece of crap and I wish I'd never watched it.

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
Chris Colfer, Glee
Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Modern Family
Ed O'Neill, Modern Family
Eric Stonestreet, Modern Family
Ty Burrell, Modern Family
Jon Cryer, Two and a Half Men

I'll be happy with any of the Modern Family guys.

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones
Josh Charles, The Good Wife
Alan Cumming, The Good Wife
Walton Goggins, Justified
John Slattery, Mad Men
Andre Braugher, Men of a Certain Age

I was so excited to hear Josh had been nominated, but then I saw the rest of the men in his category. Holy shitballs...this is a good group of men. Game of Thrones is only good because of Peter Dinklage.  Alan Cummings is amazing and John Slattery is the perfect drunk, cheater of the 1960s.  Ugh...poor Josh.

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or Movie
Tom Wilkinson, The Kennedys
Guy Pearce, Mildred Pierce
Brian F. O'Byrne, Mildred Pierce
Paul Giamatti, Too Big to Fail
James Woods, Too Big to Fail

Nerd rage again...but I'm going James Woods here.  His character was a dick and he played him so perfectly. Paul was also excellent as Bernake, but I call it for Woods.

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
Jane Lynch, Glee
Betty White, Hot in Cleveland
Julie Bowen, Modern Family
Sofia Vergara, Modern Family
Kristen Wiig, Saturday Night Live
Jane Krakowski, 30 Rock

I am a huge Golden Girls fan. HUGE. My GG trivia knows no bounds. But stop. I'm sick of your old-adorableness. Jane Lynch will win, but I kind of hope Sophia Vergara gets it...I love her.

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
Kelly Macdonald, Boardwalk Empire
Archie Panjabi, The Good Wife
Christine Baranski, The Good Wife
Margo Marindale, Justified
Michelle Forbes, The Killing
Christina Hendricks, Mad Men

Congratulations on your nom Michelle Forbes. You'll probably win for your misery in your miserable show.  Calling it for Christine Baranski.

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie
Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey
Evan Rachel Wood, Mildred Pierce
Meilssa Leo, Mildred Pierce
Mare Winningham, Mildred Pierce
Eileen Atkins, Upstairs Downstairs

I don't understand what the rage of Mildred Pierce was.  It was a boring book, with a sub-par movie, and an dumb recreation. Yes, I get that it was racy in the 50s, but that's just standard today.  I guess I would pick ERW because her performance as Vita made me want to jump thru the tv and strangle her.

Outstanding Comedy Series

The Big Bang Theory, CBS
Glee, Fox
Modern Family, ABC
The Office, NBC
Parks and Recreation, NBC
30 Rock, NBC

Modern Family.

Outstanding Drama Series
Boardwalk Empire, HBO
Dexter, Showtime
Friday Night Lights, DirectTV
Game of Thrones, HBO
The Good Wife, CBS
Mad Men, AMC

The Good Wife.

Oustanding Miniseries or Movie
Cinema Verite, HBO
Downton Abbey, PBS
Mildred Pierce, HBO
The Pillars of the Earth, Starz
Too Big to Fail, HBO

Too Big to Fail.

Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Series
The Colbert Report, Comedy Central
Conan, TBS
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Comedy Central
Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, NBC
Real Time With Bill Maher, HBO
Saturday Night Live, NBC

Colbert. Just once I want him to beat Stewart.

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Which means, for the love of god, comment on this post. I'm sick of writing crap, sending it out, and then no one comments. So please...for my sanity, tell me I'm doing something worthwile.
XO,
Bunny
Photo: Reuters

2 comments:

Lady Lala said...

Agree with most everything except:
1. Steve Carell for best comedic actor. 100% deserves the Emmy. I skipped the last few seasons of The Office but then watched this last one because he was leaving. OMG I cried in almost every episode. He was so good.
2. Timothy Olyphant for best dramatic actor. Makes me want to move to backwoods Kentucky just so he can be my sheriff/we can have an affair. And they should totally cancel House.
3. Martha Plimpton, Raising Hope. You really need to give that show another try. If you watch it, I'll watch Happy Endings. You are definitely getting the better end of that deal.
4. Ditto on Scientology. So creepy. Now your blog is probably being monitored and pretty soon your eyes will look like Katie Holmes and you will be saying "Tom Cruise doesn't wear lifts."
5. Ditto on Mildred Pierce. I wasted so many hours of my life watching that boring movie about a boring book. ERW was pretty amazing though in that I kept wishing she would die or Mildred would actually kill her.

maria said...

Modern Family needs to win for everything it's nominated for. But I'm routing for Kyle Chandler to win best actor. I have the biggest crush on Coach T!