Thursday, September 15, 2011

it's the most wonderful time of the year

Rerun season is almost over! The fall previews look promising and the first show off the block, Ringer, starring Sarah Michelle Gellar started Tuesday night. I have to be honest that I didn't have much invested in this show before it started. I wasn't a Buffy fan (the movie, absolutely. the show, no) so I don't have the love for SMG that most people have.  But I was pleasantly surprised. And I'm going out on a limb by saying it's definitely DVR worthy.

The show centers around twin sisters, Bridget and Sibohan which is pronounced Chavaughn (you learn something new everyday) who haven't seen each other in 6 years, but suddenly are together again in the Hamptons and on a boat.  Bridget is a recovering alcoholic and drug addict, she's also a former stripper and a witness to a terrible crime which you aren't aware of and flees FBI custody.  She's a bit of a mess.  Sibohan is a park avenue princess with an unbelievable collection of Hermes scarves. Honestly, I think I drooled for five minutes straight. I want everything in her wardrobe. She is the perfect image of a cold bitch.  I want to be her.

The episode jumps back and forth a lot which made it hard to keep up because it was the first episode and you were learning who everyone was and their back story.  There is apparently a step-daughter away at boarding school, a little boy who is maybe dead because of Bridget's drug issues, a best friend whose husband is cheating (with Sibohan!), a hot FBI agent played by eyeliner lover Nestor Carbonell, revenge, sister rivalry, and the worst green-screen use since 1982.  Truly, it was heinous.

But overall, I kind of liked it. SMG looks amazing and I think once they work out some kinks it will be a good show.

XO,
B

No comments: