Thursday, September 15, 2011

spring 2012 = color

I fell a little behind on reporting about NYFW due to the craziness of my week, but just before it ends I thought I would bring you some highlights.  The theme is obviously color. Neons, pastel, and classic colors in patterns and stripes. Marchesa was the only real house that didn't get that memo. Every one of their dresses was beige, white, or cream. And in typical Marchesa fashion, there was nothing but ruffles. Everywhere.  Another boring runway was Tory Burch. I love TB and would buy most anything she put her name on, but this left me wanting more.  Maybe it was because all of her models were p-a-l-e, pale and the colors washed them out, but eh.

So here are some of the better looks for the season.
Badgley Mischka
I love the flower petals and the bright shoes
Nanette Lepore
I love anything with ruffles unless its Marchesa 2012
Nanette Lepore
AH! I love the pink/navy combination and am angry I didn't do more of it this summer
Nanette Lepore
I need that jacket.
Oscar dela Renta
While I'm not a big fan of the bodice, I love the kelly green skirt. It would look amazeballs on me.

Alice + Olivia


Alice + Olivia
Those pants just murdered me.

Alice + Olivia
ADORABLE.

Carolina Herrera
Everything she does is beautiful.  I love the plaid.
I've pulled about 100 photos, but realized it would take me forever to add them all. Check out style.com for all the shows - and add it to your iphone - its bananas.

XO,
B

No comments: