Saturday, May 21, 2011

when I'm old, I hope I'm....


this is exactly what I hope to look like when I'm old
these pants make me dead
 Iris Apfel.  Have you ever heard of her?  If not, you should be ashamed of yourself.  She, my friends, is amazing.

She was born in the early 20s to a Russian mother who owned a fashion boutique; her father owned a glass and mirror business. Married in the 40's, she and her husband opened a textile firm and ran it for over 50 years.  She's worked for 9 presidents....NINE...helping them redo the White House after they had moved in. Her home is featured in the latest Architectural Digest. And its as crazy amazing as she is. In it, she says:"Diamond necklaces don’t appeal to me at all. I prefer fun jewelry with big stones—so large they would be untouchable if they were real. Now, don’t get me wrong. I do appreciate Daddy Warbucks–size stones, like a big, flawed emerald. I love stones that are inherently flawed: rock crystal, turquoise with big veins. It’s like Rodin once said, 'More beautiful than a beautiful thing is the ruin of a beautiful thing.' I think that’s a great observation, and most of the time so very true."

Ok...so I'm not as warped to not want the diamond necklaces, but I like where she is going.

She is the cutest thing in the world and she has her own line of jewelry coming out on HSN in September (can I wait that long??).  Check out some of the pieces:



 you know that scarf will be added to the collection immediately




Just in time for Christmas.
XOXO,
Bunny

No comments: