Friday, August 12, 2011

Walk the Moon

Little monsters,

Bunny's been yelling at me (why is she always so mean?!) to write a new blog post and today I had some inspiration! I'm sure this won't surprise you, but I was very cool in high school. So cool, in fact, that I was in the marching band. Seriously, you wish this was you:
Well for some reason I can't quite figure out it's been really hard to convince people that marching band was awesome at my high school, but for ser it was! The best by far was our FIRE SHOW where we played Stravinsky's "Firebird" and "Light My Fire." We had a flame thrower and people juggled fire, and I think one of the flag girls even had her hair singed. It was glorious. I played the flute, which is surprisingly difficult to march with because you have to hold your arm up for the entire 10-minute spectacular. And this is a blog so I know you can't see me, but the uniforms were immensely flattering on my 5'0" 120 lbs (*cough cough*) frame.

Anyway, the reason I'm telling you about this is because one of the coolest things about being in band is that you may actually cross paths with someone who is truly talented. In this case one of our trumpet players has gone on to bigger and better things, and made MHS proud last weekend at Lollapalooza with his band Walk the Moon. Congrats to Eli for getting signed and heading off on a European tour. And Happy Friday to everyone. Hopefully you love Anna Sun as much as I do:
Love,
Lala

1 comment:

New Girl said...

Hilarious!