Thursday, June 9, 2011

I need fingerless gloves

It's hotter than a goat's butt in a pepper patch* in DC today.  Some reports of 104 degrees.  I wouldn't know anything about it because I have stayed my grown lady ass inside all day. I bet you have too.

Guess what...it's another very special edition of Lagerfeld Thursday.  In today's news, the genius that is Karl has teamed up with glass makers Orrefors.  I am lucky enough to have a couple of pieces from this company and I can't wait for christmas to get a couple more.  I hope someone out there is keeping track of my christmas list!

While the glass is nothing spectacular to write home about, Karl has some good quotes in this video. And what kills me is his invention of a glass surface to sit glasses on so it doesn't sweat.  Karl...my love...its called a coaster.  And while yes, it's a touch pedestrian, I don't know anyone stupid enought that is willing to pay $80 for one...especially with your initals on it, except maybe for me.

Check out this video of how they make the glass and some gems from KL himself. He's just so cute!
http://www.orrefors.com/karllagerfeld

XO,
The Bunz
*Quote is from Lady Lala's grad school teacher. Lord help her.

No comments: