Tuesday, June 28, 2011

is it true that only boring people get bored?

I know, I know. I'm sorry for abandoning you for the past 24 hours.  There really was no excuse.  I started to write an entry on the randomness of True Blood, but about half way through it, I was bored. In fact, I've been getting bored with all of my tv shows and have actually uttered the phrase "I'm bored" a lot lately.  A co-worker said to me recently, that you really have to try hard to be bored in DC.  But I am. What's wrong with me?  Maybe I need more stimulation in my life? I'm sick of my routine of work, gym, home.  I've done the museums. I just need something more. Anybody taking an classes?  A new Bar Method place just opened up.

Let's do some random bullet points, because I feel like I have a lot to tell you, though I'm not quite sure what exactly.
*I found a gray hair this morning.  That is not unusual.  But what is unusual is the hair was half gray, half red.  For some bizarre reason, I kept it on my desk all morning.
*Last night a group of us went to Chef's Best to benefit Food and Friends, which is a program which delivers food to people in need and unable to make it out. The event was held at the Hilton Washington, which is referred to in these parts at the Hinckley Hilton, because it's where Hinckley shot Reagan.  The set up was a bit overwhelming with different chefs from restaurants around town making little bites for you to try.  What was overwhelming about it was the sheer number of people attending.  And the fact that I ate my face off. I truly thought I was going to be sick.  But the one thing that stuck with me was the delicious tiramisu cupcake from Hello Cupcake. It was soooo good.
*I have no cable right now, until Comnasty comes and hooks it up tomorrow. Which means I've had no Wimbledon coverage for 2 days. Which means I missed the Nadal/del Porto match yesterday where Rafa thought he broke his foot.  But thanks to the Facebook updates, he did not.  He was practicing this afternoon and will play tomorrow.
*In other tennis news, this was sent to me from FakeAnnaWintour.  I'm on the fence on whether this makes me like Novak more or less: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/wimbledon/8598686/Wimbledon-2011-Novak-Djokovic-pleads-for-pet-poodle-Pierre-to-be-allowed-into-tournament.html
*Some music for this lazy Tuesday...
An upper:

A downer:

And for the hell of it:


I'm outtie.
XO,
Bunny

No comments: